Catholic Women's League
Inspired by the Spirit, Women respond to God's call
CWL Saskatchewan Provincial Council
Social Justice Award
The Saskatchewan Provincial Council of the Catholic Women's League of Canada has established a Social Justice Award. The award is intended to enable young women to engage in social justice work. Young women between the ages of 18-35 years will be eligible to receive up to $1,000.00 in one year upon application and decision of the committee.
1. Open to young women between the ages of 18-35 years.
2. Demonstrated involvement in social justice activities.
3. Recommendation of a pastor or campus minister or equivalent.
4. The award must be used to finance participation in a reputable social justice activity, either at home or abroad, e.g. Development and Peace, Cuernavaca experience, work in inner city or northern experiences.
5. Priority will be given to CWL members or relatives of CWL members.
6. The Committee may decide to give the yearly amount to one candidate or divide it among qualified applicants.
7. Academic standing and background will be a consideration but not the determining factor.
8. Successful candidates will be asked to share their experience with League members.
9. Decision of the Committee is final.
CWL memberships are now due –$30.00 – this can be placed in the collection plate, marked CWL.
St. Vincent de Paul CWL has an active membership responding to the needs and issues within the community and extending to the world. The Patroness of our League is the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title of Our Lady of Good Counsel.
St. Vincent de Paul CWL 2017-2018
- President - Fran Messer
- President-Elect - Pat Wolensky
- First Vice-President -
- Past-President - Camille Goski
- Treasurer - Camille Goski
- Recording Secretary - Judy VanBetuw
- Corresponding Secretary - Jean Woodard
- Organization - Pat Wolensky
- Spiritual Development - Theresa Istace
- Christian Family Life - VACANT
- Health - VACANT & Education - VACANT
- Community Life - Wendy Sidloski
- Communications - Mary Ann Flaaten
- Legislation & Resolutions - Doreen Guillemin
- Spiritual Advisor - Fr. Francis Plaparampil
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- October 3, 2017 - CWL Executive Meeting
- October 16, 2017 - CWL General Meeting -Presentation of Service Awards/Pins
- November 13, 2017 - CWL Executive Meeting
- November 20, 2017 - CWL General Meeting - Service of Remembrance for Deceased CWL members
- December 4, 2017 - CWL Christmas Social
The Catholic Women's League of Canada is a national organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God.
We humbly pray You, O God our Father, to bless The Catholic Women’s League of Canada. Bless our beloved country, our homes and families. Send Your Holy Spirit upon us to give light to our minds and strength to our wills that we may know and fulfill Your great law of charity. Teach us to share with others, at home and abroad, the good things You have given us. This we ask through Our Lord Jesus Christ and the intercession of our patroness, Our Lady of Good Counsel.